This blog has moved! You should be redirected in five... four... three... two...

The Saga Continued

Back when I was but a teen, I was really into the Canadian rock band Saga. They had a mild hit on American radio with "On The Loose" from their Worlds Apart album. I got into their subsequent album Heads or Tails and their next, Behaviour, before shipping off to college, my Saga days behind me.

A few years ago I picked up a disc in a bargain bin for something like $3, Saga's A Beginner's Guide to Throwing Shapes. I thought it was a newer release at the time, and never played it. Recently I came across it again in my collection and threw it in the player. I'm not one for nostalgia but this thing took me back. It turns out that this was the release that was next in sequence when I was into them from before. But this is new to me today, and it's strange to hear the qualities I used to appreciate.

And now they have a brand new album that was released overseas earlier this year. It seems they've been making albums all along and I'm curious to see where they're at musically today. I don't think the new release will set the charts on fire, but I understand they're very popular in Germany.