This blog has moved! You should be redirected in five... four... three... two...

benzine dot us

"Benzine" has grown on me. And just by having it as the title of this page, I'm getting hits from all over the world looking for a flammable carcinogenic liquid. Nice. So I went see what tld's might be available and ".us" is open. It's the country suffix for united states, of course, so I thought "great, I'll get that". Come to find out that in order to get a dot us you have to be a citizen. Not an issue, I am. But when I went to register it as private I found out that was not allowed. You have to fill in all the fields with all your personal information. I'm not really hiding or anything, but I'm not keen on having all my personal deets posted in a whois. Yes, I've had other domains and I may have flubbed alittle on the more specific info (before I discovered private registration), but this dot us seemed quite serious about it. Security of the internets, I guess.

So basically, the domain extension designated for the united states by the united states, quintessential land of the free, has banned private registration for its own citizenry. Seems odd to me.